The Club offers a variety of Membership options and there is no Entrance Fee. We cater for the avid golfer who wishes to play and participate in competitions on a regular basis, and, those who treat golf less seriously and enjoy the occasional round but want to be a member of a Club. We have a thriving and active membership and a good social scene to go with it. In addition, don’t forget that by joining Bridport & West Dorset Golf Club you can also enjoy free rounds of golf at 7 other Clubs plus reduced green fees at 4 more with our reciprocal arrangements.
Membership application forms can be obtained from the Golf Reception or click here
Please return completed forms to the Golf Reception. If you are an existing golfer with a handicap then please ensure you include the CDH ID number on the form. Informal New Member meetings are held at the Club on a regular basis when all aspects of membership are explained and there is the opportunity to meet existing members.
Membership Subscriptions 2017
|Full||£843||£816||Full 7 day Membership|
|Weekday||£788||£755||Golf Monday to Friday Only|
|Weekday (over 75)||£614||£572||Golf Monday to Friday Only|
|Second Home Owner||£715||£679||Own a Second Home or Caravan within 50 miles|
|Country (over 50 miles)||£575||£531||Must reside over 50 miles from Club|
|Twilight (play after 2.00pm only)||£450||Any day after 2.00pm or 4 hours before sunset Oct – Mar|
|Flexi (see below for details)||£300||For the less frequent player|
|Intermediate (25 -30)||£357||For the younger golfer|
|Young Adult (19 – 24)||£189||For the even younger golfer|
|Junior (13 – 18)||£80|
|Junior (12 and under)||£55|
|Beginner (see below for details)||£100||For those totally new to golf|
|Social||£50||For the non golfer|
Apart from ‘Social’ all of the above are subject to additional Golf Union Fees, currently £16.75 for a Gentleman and £20.75 for a Lady.
The Membership year runs from 1st January to 31st December except the Beginner Category which is a 12 month period from the date of joining. We offer a pro-rata rate for new members only who join after 1st April.
All age restrictions apply on the 1st January of the Membership year.
Payment of Full, Weekday and Country Membership categories can be spread over 2 or 10 payments. Please contact the Golf Reception for more details.
In addition to the annual subscription, Flexi Members pay an additional £15 per round
Beginner Members pay £10 per round at any time.
There are some conditions to the Flexi and Beginner Membership categories
- Can play 7 days per week but start times at weekends are restricted to after 9.00am
- Eligible for a CONGU handicap
- Able to enter Club competitions and can collect any sweep vouchers but cannot win any trophy, plate, cup, medal or other prize attached to the competition.
- Full use of Club facilities, social functions, locker rooms etc.
- Members’ discount rates at the bar, in the restaurant and on buggy hire
- Unfortunately the categories do not have voting rights
- Cannot represent the Club in league or friendly matches
- Are allowed to bring guests to the course and clubhouse but not eligible for members guest green fee rates
- Beginner Membership applies for full 12 months from date of joining